This book is about TCP and IP, which is a kind of communications in the computer.
I’m interested in the computer security, since I participated the program. Plus, I’m curious about the inside of the web browsers. In order to understand them, knowledge about communication is necessarily.
- Hierarchical system is so amazing. I think it is an analogy from the nature.
- It is like a human body, in terms of the human communication. The voice (bit communication) is understood in the brain (software). It is also similar to the signal in the neuron (bit) which becomes our feelings(soft).
- From my old perspective as an software engineer, I didn’t care about hard ware. However, it is important to think about collaborate with low layer, which is also called hardware, when we made a software. The book gave me some examples about what is difficult in the low layer sometimes easy in the high layer, and vice versa.
- The hierarchical system in the hierarchical system is also amazing. (MAC address, IP address)
- I felt the importance to know the algorithms. Dijkstra algorithm, which is learnt in the class at the college, is used in the network system to calculate the best way to carry the packet.
- I didn’t know the importance of TCP and IP.
- I thought that this book gave me a knowledge about SSH and telnet which is commonly used, but this book is gave me a whole appearance of the communication.
- Want to learn the commonly used communication tools
- To read the book about computer security.
Chapter 1: Basic knowledge of Network
- History of network
- What and why we use
- OSI referencial model
- Variation of communication
- Components of network
Chapter 2: Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- History of TCP/IP
- Scandalization of TCP/IP
- Hierarchical model of TCP/IP
Chapter 3: Data link
- Technology of data link
- Mac address
- history and format
- Wireless communication
- what is and format
- Data link
- ATM ,HDMI, etc.
- Public access web
- FTTH, VPN, etc.
Chapter 4: IP protocol
- History and the basic knowledge
- IP Address
- Header of IPv4 and IPv6
Chapter 5: Technology around IP address
- hierarchical structure
- name server
- why we need IP and MAC address
- what is communicated in ICMP
- private and global IP address
- IP tunneling
Chapter 6: TCP and UDP
- Transport layer
- Port number
- relation with protocol
- comparison with UDP
- reliability in the connection
- windows control
- flow control
- Other transport protocol
- Format of TCP and UDP
Chapter 7: Routing protocol
- Static routing and dynamic routing
Chapter 8: Application protocol
Chapter 9: Security
- Fire wall